1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information in two ways:
a. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it.
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily provide certain information about yourself. This can include your name, profile photo, email address, location, taste and lifestyle preferences, and product category preferences; and any other information that you provide.
You also may give us permission to access your information via other services. For example, if you register for or log into the site via Facebook, you will be explicitly asked to approve Facebook sharing selected information – including basic information from your public profile (such as your name, gender, and locale), your email address, your friend list, and your Facebook likes – with Lifetime Computer Solutions. If and when we add the ability to log in via other services, analogous information sharing may occur. The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
In addition, we may also store and use the content that you contribute to the site.
b. As you use our products
We may collect the following types of data via technology as you use our products:
- Log data. When you use our products, our servers automatically record information (“log data”) including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Lifetime Computer Solutions, and cookie data.
- Pixel tags. We may use “pixel tags” (tiny graphic images with unique identifiers, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users). In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user´s computer hard drive, Pixel tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel tags also allow us to send email messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether emails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce, eliminate, or modify the types of emails that users receive.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device from which you´re logging into Lifetime Computer Solutions, including what type of device it is, what operating system you´re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you´re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you´re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
- The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or ” non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can´t be used to specifically identify you).
2. OUR POLICY ON CHILDREN´S INFORMATION
Lifetime Computer Solution’s products and services are intended for general audiences and are not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we will take steps to remove such information.
3. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
a. To develop and improve our products and services
We use the information we collect to provide our products and services to you and improve them, to develop new products, and to protect Lifetime Computer Solutions and our users. For example, we may compare how people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is easier or more enjoyable to use.
b. To offer you personalized content
c. Other uses
- To send you updates, notifications, newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you.
- To respond to your questions or comments.
- Credit information for purposes of purchasing Lifetime Computer Solutions products and services shall only be used to process applicable payments and collect amounts that you owe.
We may use or store information wherever Lifetime Computer Solutions does business, potentially including countries outside your own. If you reside outside of the United States, note that laws regarding the processing of personal data may be less stringent in the United States than in your country.
4. HOW DO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT, WITH OTHER USERS AND THIRD PARTIES?
a. Your public profile and user-generated content
When you contribute content to our site – for example product recommendations, ratings, reviews, comments, questions, replies, “likes, “and” helpful” votes – this content will be made publicly available on the site (where it will be accessible by both registered and unregistered users), and will potentially be made available on partner sites as well. This content may also be featured or used in Lifetime Computer Solutions or it´s related companies´ marketing materials. In addition, when you populate your public profile on Lifetime Computer Solutions, that information is also accessible to anyone. When you put either of these two types of content up on the site, you should have no expectation of privacy. However, you always have the option to delete a specific piece of content and/or terminate your account (resulting in deletion of all of your content) at any time.
b. Your personal data
“Personal data” means data that would allow someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any other non-public information about you.
Aside from any information that you choose to share in your public profile or in the user-generated content that you contribute to the site as described above), we will not share your personal data. For example, we will never rent or sell it to others. The only limited instances in which we may share your personal information include the following:
- Social networking sites: If you´ve chosen to link to your Lifetime Computer Solutions account to other social networking services (e.g. Facebook), you may be able to choose to publish your activity on Lifetime Computer Solutions to them. By default we will not publish any activity to those services; for example, we will never post anything back to your Facebook wall, send any Facebook messages on your behalf, or share anything else back to Facebook without your express consent.
- Third-party service providers: If we need to share it with third-party service providers in order to provide you with the products and services that we offer, to provide technical support, and/or to provide other services requested by Lifetime Computer Solutions. These third-party service providers are required not to use your personal data for any other purposes than to provide the services requested by Lifetime Computer Solutions.
- Links to third-party sites: Our products may contain links to unaffiliated third party websites (e.g. retailer sites). Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on all such third party websites.
- Other disclosures: If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Lifetime Computer Solutions; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
c. Aggregated and non-personally identifiable information
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information about you (including your family profile, location, taste preferences, browsing behavior, and site activity) with our partners or others. For example, we may share with an advertiser the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements. Or, we may help brand partners to gain insights (at a general or individual but unnamed level) into their current or potential customer base, or those of their competitors. We may also use this non-personally identifiable information to help brand partners target you with relevant advertisements or offers, to be delivered through Lifetime Computer Solution’s products or email infrastructure (depending on your email preferences).
5. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a Lifetime Computer Solutions account, many of the choices you have on Lifetime Computer Solutions are built directly into the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Limit or change information available in your public profile page at any time
- Link or unlink your Lifetime Computer Solutions account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook). Eventually we plan to automate this process, but for now please contact us to do this.
- We do not yet support the Do Not Track browser setting, however we aim to add this in the future.
- Delete a specific piece of content at any time.
- Close your account at any time. Note we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes including to help address fraud and spam). To close your account, please contact us.
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Lifetime Computer Solutions. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage;
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
- To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
7. CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
8. CONTACT INFORMATION