“Why is my computer slow?”
“How can I speed up my computer?” “Now why is my computer running slow?”
Those are questions most every computer user asks eventually.
If you find your computer running slow, you may need professional help to speed up the computer –
or you may be able to speed it up yourself with this 10 point speed up computer care checklist.
Speed Up Computer Care
Part of the Lifetime Computer Solutions FULL SPEED Computer Care Package you can do yourself.
1. Try turning the computer off, wait a moment or two, and turn it back on. Simple. Safe. And gives your computer the chance to get rid of some accumulated problems automatically.
2.Clear Browsing History
3. Check for viruses – and remove any you find.
4. Remove malware and spyware.
5. Check to make sure you have enough hard drive space – we recommend keeping at least 10% free.
6. Remove or turn off unused or unneeded software that may be running every time you start up the computer.
7. Remove browser add ons that may have been added without your knowledge.
8. Keep an eye on the cache on your browser – empty as needed.
9. Make sure drivers are up to date.
10. Run defrag to make sure data on your hard drive is in good order.
Why is my computer slow? — and that list seems overwhelming!
Still, having problems with your computer running slow?
Concerned that some of the checklists seem a little technical for you?
Don’t worry – we can help you. Just ask us – Why is my computer slow?
Lifetime Computer Solutions can run your computer through our Full Speed Computer Tuneup – and test it to make sure it is running right.
We can also help you clear up other issues that may be making your computer slow down:
•problems with your hard drive, CPU or motherboard
•a registry issue – please do not tackle registry cleanup at home unless you are a highly experienced computer professional – many of the registry cleanup programs you can download online can cause you big computer problems.
•hardware conflicts that may be slowing you down.
•Memory – we recommend that you don’t use more than 70% of your RAM on average.
WE CAN LOG-ON TO YOUR
COMPUTER AND HELP
Click on a link to:
We will tell you the truth.
Sometimes when your computer runs very slow, a new computer is your best and least expensive alternative. We will tell you honestly when it is better for you to find a new computer than for us to fix your old one once again.
And we can help you select the computer that is best for your particular needs, get it installed and transfer your files and pictures for you.